You Can Make a Difference
The Young Literati of the St. Louis Public Library Foundation is a group of St. Louis professionals ages 20s and up who promote the programs, events and services offered at the St. Louis Public Library’s 17 locations.
The Young Literati strive to build relationships with others who share a passion for the Library’s work and are committed to the Library’s continued growth and success.
We invite you to become a member and learn more about the St. Louis Public Library and all it offers our community. The Young Literati are looking for individuals who have the vision and drive to help us support and advocate for the strong civic and cultural institution that is the St. Louis Public Library.
To keep up on all of our events and news, be sure to check out the Young Literati on Facebook.
Click Here to Join the Young Literati and receive:
- SLPLF tote bag featuring signature artwork by award-winning artist Noah Woods
- 10-15% off all purchases at Left Bank Books
- St. Louis Originals rewards card with a 150-point balance good for $10 off your next visit to any participating St. Louis Originals restaurant
- Reserved seating for guest authors at the St. Louis Public Library
- Library and Foundation newsletters
- Invitations to Young Literati and SLPLFoundation events, including our monthly, free book exchange.
Young Literati Book Swap:
Looking for a great book to read? Want to talk books and grab a beer or appetizers? The Young Literati Book Swap occurs the second Tuesday of every month at Schlafly Tap Room’s North Bar. Bring a book you’re finished with and then get ready to swap books, chat with other young professionals, and enjoy great food and drinks in a relaxed environment.
Where: Schlafly Tap Room, North Bar, 2100 Locust Street
When: Second Tuesday of Each Month, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Upcoming Book Swap Themes:
May 14: Sci-Fi/Fantasy
June 11: Books and Bands
July 9: American Classics
August 13: Travel Writing
Young Literati Book Swaps are free and open to the public - you do not need to be a member of the Young Literati to attend. Bring a book from this month’s theme, or just any book you’d like to trade.
Wondering what a typical Book Swap is like? Check out this article by Walrus Publishing for a run-down of a typical evening.